optimization of rule-based model on discrete variables

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Jun 15 19:37:42 EDT 2021

On 15/06/21 10:07 pm, Elena wrote:
> After the optimization, I will use f just to predict new Xi.

So you're going to use f backwards?

I don't see how that will work. Where are you going to
find a new yi to feed into the inverse of f?

I think I don't understand what role g plays in all of
this. If the ultimate goal is to find a better mixture,
you need some kind of figure of merit for an individual
mixture. But you don't have that, you only have this
thing g that somehow depends on all of your mixtures
at once.

I'm still not seeing the big picture.

--
Greg