curses apps on MS Windows?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 21:39:28 EDT 2021

On 6/13/21 11:44 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> There's been a surprising amount of discussion lately about using
> curses libraries on Windows OS. I'm surprised by this, because I don't
> think I've ever even seen a Windows curses application.
>
> Are there examples of popular curses applications for Windows?

None that I know of, but then again the Windows console was horrible.
With the advent of the new Windows Terminal, Windows 10 now has a
first-class terminal system with all the capabilities of any Unix
terminal. So who knows, maybe curses might actually find a use on
Windows!  MS seems to be giving the idea of terminal applications a bit
of love.