curses apps on MS Windows?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 13:44:40 EDT 2021

There's been a surprising amount of discussion lately about using
curses libraries on Windows OS. I'm surprised by this, because I don't
think I've ever even seen a Windows curses application.

Are there examples of popular curses applications for Windows?

Does windows have a terminfo/termcap subsystem to deal with different
terminal types? Or do the apps only work with the built-in terminal
windows implemented by command.com/cmd.exe?

Can windows curses apps be used via real serial terminals? Is that
even "a thing" under Windows?

Is there such a thing as a Windows ssh server with some sort of shell
in which one can run console-mode applications?

--
Grant