Neither pdb or print() displays the bug

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Wed Jun 2 05:02:55 EDT 2021

On 01/06/2021 23:32, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021, Ethan Furman wrote:
>
>> Well, you only had two logging statements in that code -- logging is like
>> print: if you want to see it, you have to call it:
>
> Ethan,
>
> Got it, thanks.
>
> I believe

Do you have unit tests? Those are an excellent tool to ensure that the
components of an application work as expected and that those components
have well-defined interfaces. Debugging a failing unittest is usually
easier than to debug a complex application.
While I don't know if there is a convenient way to test the GUI
everything else should run reliably *before* connecting it with the GUI.