Tkinter widgets for desktop database application

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 14 15:56:03 EDT 2021

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021, Betty Hollinshead wrote:

> So.....I've had success with GTK3 (not Tkinter).

Betty,

There are multiple widget sets and all will work better with some
application types than others.

In the past I used wxPython but switched to Tkinter. Tried PyQt5 (doesn't do
complex, multi-table queries like it does single table queries) and
seriously considered GTK3. After all that time and effort I decided to stick
with tkinter for two reasons: 1) I know it better than PyQt5 and 2) most
users of one application I'm developing run Microsoft's OSes, some Apple.
Since Tkinter comes with Python3 it's one less thing for non-techical users
to struggle with if they decide to use this application.

Thanks for your suggestion,

Rich