i just moved from bottleframework to flask. I changes what needed to be altered to convert the code and when i run it i just get "Internal server error" Running tail -f ../logs/error_log i get no errors. How can i find out what is the culprit her

vergos....@gmail.com vergos.nikolas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:09:55 EDT 2021

Στις Παρασκευή, 9 Ιουλίου 2021 στις 11:48:43 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Menno Holscher έγραψε:
> Op 09-07-2021 om 15:01 schreef vergos.... at gmail.com:
> > please tell me what i need to do to be able to see error messages in browser and not only via console:
> >
> > app = Flask(__name__)
> > app.debug = True
> > application = app
> >
> > The above only displays error via console into the error_log, having to open it each time. how can i see it in browser?
> >
> This is totally unrelated to your earlier question, and (as many things
> Flask) well documented.
>
> Look at
> https://flask.palletsprojects.com/en/2.0.x/debugging/#the-built-in-debugger
> --
> Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards
>
> Menno Hölscher

i managed to run i with built in debugger by setting export FLASK_ENV=development

Every time I start up my flask app the environment variable is set to production. I want to have it set to development mode by default. Otherwise every time I start my app i have to run ..

export FLASK_ENV=development

How can I set environment's default value as development in every startup?