IDE tools to debug in Python?

flaskee flaskee at protonmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:44:28 EST 2021

" also started background scanning, but that's generally done in 30 seconds."

Do we know what PyCharm is background scanning for?
Do we know what VS Code is scanning for?

I've been leery of VS* things since 2013, when Microsoft (secretly) changed their VS compiler, so that every single .exe, .dll, etc that was compiled; included a tiny API call, that dialed back to Microsoft. Even a Hello-World.exe would get this telemetry API embedded. So, if you distributed executables -- MS knew right where they went to, when the user ran them.

There was "outrage" when Microsoft was finally caught; and they backed off of this in the next version (I do not know if they've snuck it in again or not). But it did not raise my confidence in tools from Microsoft all that much.

I love Python.
I just want to add a real debugger ;-)