IDE tools to debug in Python?

flaskee flaskee at protonmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:32:07 EST 2021

While print() is groovy and all,
if anyone runs across a non-pdb python debugger (standalone or IDE-based)
please let me know.

I too was blessed with IDE-based debugging (in the 90's!)
 * where you can set break point(s);
 * have the program stop right before a suspected failure point;
 * check the contents of ALL variables, and choose whether to restart;
 * or skip a few lines before restarting;
 * or change a variable (hot, move back a few lines and restart, etc.
 * Some, would even let you alter the code a bit before restarting.

I too, miss this.

Hopefully I did not miss someone mentioning
such a python tool in the prior thread.

Thanks!