How do you debug in Python? Coming from a Matlab and R user. I'm already aware of pdb.

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 00:10:25 EST 2021

On 1/26/21 8:30 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> Me too (MS in CSci), but I can't remember the last time I used a
> debugger.

I use a debugger frequency in C++, and sometimes C.  Even running a
debugger on an attached device like an Arduino is sometimes very useful.
Good debuggers let you do things like conditional breakpoints and watch
expressions.  Helpful for tracking down hard-to-find and less frequent
conditions.  Sure you could print stuff out, which I do, but sometimes
it's more convenient to do it with the debugger.