Re: sqlite3 cannot detect the version of compiled sqlite version at some point in runtime.

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:57:03 EST 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021, at 16:45, Random832 wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2021, at 14:54, panfei wrote:
> > 3. Compile Python 3.9.1
> > C_INCLUDE_PATH=/home/felix/.local/sqlite/sqlite-3.34.0/include/
> > CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/home/felix/.local/sqlite/sqlite-3.34.0/include/
> > LD_RUN_PATH=/home/felix/.local/sqlite/default/lib ./configure
> > --prefix=/home/felix/.local/python/python-3.9.1 --enable-optimizations
> > make && make install
>
> How *exactly* did you compile python? i.e. what specific commands, to
> make it pick up those include paths? Because from the symptoms you are
> reporting, it sounds like it was not compiled against the correct
> version of sqlite.

Oh, sorry, I missed "./configure" on that line.

So, it looks like you had the environment variables set when you ran configure, but not make. I don't think this is a common way to set include paths, by the way. The usual way is with pkg-config, but I'm not sure how to add your .local sqlite directory to it. Does your sqlite installation include a file called "sqlite3.pc"? If so, try adding the directory containing it to PKG_CONFIG_PATH when running configure.

If not... well, export the environment variables or add them when running make and hope for the best