open sentinel-2image python

Mladen Gogala mgogala at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 20 00:14:04 EST 2021

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 18:01:26 +0000, MRAB wrote:

> On 2021-01-17 13:57, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>> Am Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 02:20:24AM -0800 schrieb omid mohammadi:
>>
>>> When I open the sentinel-2 image in Python, I get the following error:
>>>
>>> MemoryError: Unable to allocate 115. MiB for an array with shape
>>> (5490, 5490) and data type float32
>>>
>>> How can I fix it?
>>
>> You can install more RAM.
>>
> Or maybe the OP is running 32-bit Python but the code needs >2GB. If
> that's the case then using 64-bit Python might fix it, assuming that
> it's a 64-bit machine.

Or there may be an OS limitation on the size of the address space. I
would check the OS log first, then do "ulimit -a". If there are sar or
vmstat on the system, I would definitely use them.
Running out of memory is an OS error and should be checked on the OS
level.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant