advice on debugging a segfault

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Jan 18 03:36:38 EST 2021

On 17/01/2021 21:35, Stestagg wrote:
> I would normally agree, except...
>
> This is a refcount issue (I was able to reproduce the problem, gbd shows a
> free error )
>
> And I wouldn't recommend DGBing a refcount issue as a beginner to debugging.
>
> The other mailing list identified a PIL bug that messes up the refcount for
> True, but this refcount issue is for some tuple object, so may possibly be
> a different problem.
>
> Steve
thanks for all the advice and apologies for the noise. It turns out that Victor Stinner's recommendation in the dev list
was the solution as I don't see the segfault with pillow built from latest git

Pillow @ git+git://github.com/python-pillow/pillow.git@8dc5f692dbd9a418d8c441f0e2aa09a3f5c03508

I did realize that this must be a late issue in the process as the pdf was being produced and written as expected and
that is normally the end of things
--
not segfaulting-ly yrs Robin Becker