Python not Running

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jan 16 22:30:20 EST 2021

On 1/16/2021 3:55 PM, Logan Cranford wrote:
> I downloaded Python but when I try to run Idle it says it is not found and

 From where? try how? what is 'it'?
Read the section of
https://docs.python.org/3/using/index.html
appropriate for your system, likely Windows.

> I should try to redownload it. When I try to do that all that comes up is a
> page that says modify, repair or uninstall. I have repaired several times

This sounds like you are rerunning the python installer, not python
itself.  Doing the latter depends on how you installed.  Read the doc.

> but it still gives me the same message. Can anyone  help me with this?
You can also read answers to similar posts at
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/

--
Terry Jan Reedy