why sqrt is not a built-in function?

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Fri Jan 15 17:12:51 EST 2021

On 16/01/2021 10.49, Michael F. Stemper wrote:

> Es ist Feierabend

You had me there for a moment, because spotting a 'double meaning"
(actually triple) my mind succumbing to dissonance, refused to translate
(into English), instead latching onto the last two syllables:-

At one time, tech-jargon included the term "abend". It meant "abnormal
end", and was a more palatable term (to someone) for "crash" - a bit
like the airline which talked of "non-operational termination" instead
of using the same (unpalatable) word!

Yes, not only might it have been literally the end of (your) day. This
conversation does seem to have reached the point of reductio ad absurdum!
--
Regards =dn