A beginning beginner's question about input, output and . . .

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 17:09:00 EST 2021

On 2021-01-13, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 15:18:05 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards
><grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> declaimed the following:
>>On 2021-01-12, songbird <songbird at anthive.com> wrote:
>>
>>> it can be used for pretty much anything except perhaps high
>>> pressure real time things, but i bet someone else will know that
>>> is being done too, i've just not heard of it.  :)
>>
>>AFAIK, Python can't be used to write device drivers for any popular OS
>>(Linux, Unix, Windows, OSX). It also can't be used on small embedded
>>systems (real-time or not).
>
> 	MicroPython/Circuit Python. Native language for AdaFruit's Metro
> boards.

Those are very cool, and I've come this -><- close to ordering one in
the past.  Perhaps I need to recalibrate my adjectives, but with
256KB+ of flash and 32KB+ of RAM, I wouldn't call them "small" -- even
though the Trinket M0 is physically tiny. But that may just be my age
showing. I remember not _that_ long ago working on processors where
the RAM was measured in hundreds of bytes. And I still maintain code
for ARM parts with way less than 1/10 the memory of the Trinket M0.

--
Grant