learning python building 2nd app, need advices

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 11 07:00:10 EST 2021

pascal z <barpasc at yahoo.com> writes:

> tab to space on linux is not something easy to do

I would argue that you are mistaken, although that depends somewhat on
your definition of 'easy'.

> , I had to launch windows and use notepad++.

There is the Linux command 'expand' , which I have never used, but which
sounds like it will do what you want:

  $ expand --help
  Usage: expand [OPTION]... [FILE]...
  Convert tabs in each FILE to spaces, writing to standard output.

As an Emacs user, personally I would use the command

  M-x untabify

within Emacs.  I assume that Vim has something similar.

Cheers,

Loris