primitive password cracker

David Kolovratník david at kolovratnik.net
Thu Jan 7 12:56:49 EST 2021

I find a parallel to counting useful. Let letters be '0' to '9'
and think of manual (in contrast to formatting range(0, 10))
construction of list of strings "0000" to "9999"

Let's start with 0000. How do you compute the next item? Start
looking from its end. I stop here in order to leave space for
Bischoop's deliberation.

To sum up in order words, the clue is to stop thinking of inner
loops for each letter and find a way to get the next combination.

Best,
David