editor recommendations?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:24:47 EST 2021

On 2021-02-26, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> Long ago someone wrote that Emacs is an operating system that includes the
> kitchen sink. A friend of mine working for Sharp Electronics did all his
> work in Emacs, including email and web browsing (back when a text-based
> browser was sufficient.)

Yep, I worked with somebody who did that. All his command-line shell
interaction was done in emacs, as well as all his e-mail, Usenet,
file-system browsing, etc. That was back before web browsing was "a
thing", but I'm sure he found a way to do that inside emacs also.

I pretty much only use emacs for editing text...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Hmmm ... a CRIPPLED
                                  at               ACCOUNTANT with a FALAFEL