Logging with 2 process in application

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 00:17:25 EST 2021

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 9:10 PM gayatri funde <fundegayatri at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Greetings!! Have a good day!
>
> This is regarding logging issue i am facing in my application. My
> requirement is to create log on daily basis while my application is
> running, So to do this i am creating new log file at midnight by comparing
> the day it starts and enter to new day with the while loop continuously
> checking on date.
>
> In my application i have 2 processes, So what my observation is on the day
> of start of application both process are able to log into the file, but as
> new day starts new file getting created and only main process log are
> getting written into new file, and other process is still writing to old
> day log.
>
> So could you please help me to understand this issue and it will be great
> to know solution if you can help me with this.

Is it possible each process has open a different "file" on the same
pathname, with only one actually being visible in the filesystem?

Linuxes and Unixes allow such things.  I am unaware of Windows being
powerful enough to do so, and besides there you'd probably use the Event
Log anyway.

If that's the case, I do not know of a Python logging-module way of
correcting the problem, but you could introduce a third process that is
used just for logging, and have the original two send their log messages to
the new 3rd logging process.