New Python implementation

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 19 06:23:03 EST 2021

On 19/02/2021 03:51, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> 	They chose Pascal as being more modern, and something taught in schools
> (yeah, like TurboPascal is going to be a good introduction to writing
> software for real-time ground control of satellites).

Funnily enough it was. Or at least for real-time telecomms control.
We wrote all our real-time stuff on VAX and later PC using Pascal
from the mid 80s through to early 1990s when we switched to C++.
But TurboPascal was not much like Pascal, it had all the
theoretical bits by-passed or removed.

I still use Pascal in the shape of Delphi for building windows
GUI apps today... But Delphi bears even less resemblance to
Wirth's Pascal, in fact its quite similar to Python in many
ways.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site