New Python implementation

Peter J. Holzer hjp-python at hjp.at
Tue Feb 16 18:19:01 EST 2021

On 2021-02-14 00:52:43 +0000, Alan Gauld via Python-list wrote:
> On 14/02/2021 00:07, Mr Flibble wrote:
> > The neos Python implementation will not be dealing
> > with Python byte code in any form whatsoever.
>
> Ok  but what do you do with the disassembler module?

What do PyPy, Jython, IronPython etc. do with the disassembler module?
My guess is that they simply don't implement it. It's tightly coupled to
the CPython implementation and useless on any other implementation. A
disassembler module for their respective bytecode or machine language
might be useful, but that wouldn't be compatible with CPython's
disassembler in input nor output.

        hp