New Python implementation

Roel Schroeven roel at roelschroeven.net
Tue Feb 16 16:42:39 EST 2021

Christian Gollwitzer schreef op 16/02/2021 om 8:25:
> Am 15.02.21 um 21:37 schrieb Roel Schroeven:
>>
>> So your claim is that your compiler is able to, or will be able to,
>> compile any language just by specifying a small schema file. Great!
>>
>> Do you maybe have a proof-of-concept? A simple language with a simple
>> schema file to test the basic workings of your compiler,
>
> Here is the git repo:
>
> https://github.com/i42output/neos
>
> under languages/ you'll find different schema files.

I saw that, and I saw the schema files. I had a look at the one for C,
because I don't know the first thing about Ada, and it's not nearly
enough to describe even the tiniest subset of C. And I saw the example
session he posted here, where he supposedly compiles something, but
doesn't even run it. It looked like that compilation did nothing but
folding and folding and folding. And he didn't run it!

So it looks like that's the status of the project now: a compilation
step that does /something/, but apparently doesn't result in anything
runnable. And some work-in-progress (seemingly) schema files, but
nothing concrete yet.

But I wanted to give Mr Flibble to benefit of the doubt, and asked more
explicitly about the status of the project. Apparently I was too late,
Mr Flibble was already banned, but I didn't know that yet.

I've thougt about downloading the whole thing and trying to build it.
But I'd have to install Visual Studio 2019 first and probably some
dependencies. It didn't seem worth the effort.

Regards,
Roel

--
"Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a
friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger."

Roel Schroeven