New Python implementation

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 16:42:13 EST 2021

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 1:23 PM Tarjei Bærland via Python-list <
python-list at python.org> wrote:

> Sure, Brainfuck is two steps too far, but Scheme or Logo I'd wager be
> excellent languages to get the students into computational
> thinking. Haskell might be a good choice as well, I do not have enough
> experience with it to say.

I am not a Haskell expert by any stretch.  But I did play with it a bit.

It's a fascinating language. But I think the language is hobbled by poor
error messages from the main compiler, GHC.  I've been told GHC has a
rather elegant implementation, but that came at the cost of the quality of
error messages.
https://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/54l3ug/readable_error_messages_like_in_elm/

There was a project to produce a somewhat restricted Haskell implementation
with better error messages, but sadly that project is no longer maintained.
https://wiki.haskell.org/Hugs