New Python implementation

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 15 19:29:22 EST 2021

On 15/02/2021 22:24, Roel Schroeven wrote:
> Grant Edwards schreef op 15/02/2021 om 21:59:
>> On 2021-02-15, Roel Schroeven <roel at roelschroeven.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it your intention to not only compile procedural and object-oriented
>>> languages, or also functional languages such as Haskell, Ocaml, Scheme?
>>
>> And Prolog!
>
> Ha, yes, that one was the next one I thought about, but in the I decided
> to leave it out.

Yes, Prolog is definitely different. When I was at Uni' in the mid 80s
we all got taught Prolog because the Japanese had promised to produce
a 5th generation computer by 1990 and it would be based on Prolog.
We're still waiting, but in the meantime we got the internet and GUIs.

Looks like Sun got it right - "the network is the computer"...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site