New Python implementation

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 19:19:26 EST 2021

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 11:14 AM Mr Flibble
<flibble at i42.removethisbit.co.uk> wrote:

> On 13/02/2021 23:30, Igor Korot wrote:
> > Hi,
> > But most importantly - what is the reason for this ?
> > I mean - what problems the actual python compiler produce?
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> I am creating neos as I need a performant scripting engine for my other major project "neoGFX" and I want to be able to support multiple popular scripting languages including Python.

Until you have actually produced a (mostly) compatible Python
implementation, can you please stop making these repeated and baseless
jabs at CPython's performance? You keep stating or hinting that
CPython is somehow unnecessarily slow, but unless you have some code
to back your claims, this is nothing but mudslinging.

CPython is not as slow as you might think. And PyPy is highly
efficient at what it does well. Show us that you can do better than
these before you call them slow.

At the absolute least, show that you have something that can run Python code.

ChrisA