New Python implementation

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 19:01:33 EST 2021

On 12/02/2021 21:46, Mr Flibble wrote:

> The neos Python implementation will consist of a schema file
> which describes the language plus any Python-specific semantic concepts

So the schema file is some kind of formal grammar definition of
the language?

And you "compile" this directly into machine code?
Is that the idea?

So when you say you have a universal compiler for any language
what you mean is that you can produce a compiler/interpreter
for any language from a language definition/schema. Is that it?

I'm still not sure I understand what exactly you are proposing
to do. What the final output looks like?

I'm assuming it's a new executable interpreter that can run any
valid python code. Is that correct?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site