Running Jupyter Notebook

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Feb 10 13:14:49 EST 2021

On 2/10/2021 9:26 AM, Rafael Llera wrote:
> I installed Python and jupyter via pip, but when I run jupyter notebook I
> keep getting the following error.
>
>   Requirement already satisfied: pyparsing>=2.0.2 in
> c:\users\mitzi\appdata\roaming\python\python39\site-packages (from
> packaging->bleach->nbconvert->jupyter) (2.4.7)
> Requirement already satisfied: qtpy in
> c:\users\mitzi\appdata\roaming\python\python39\site-packages (from
> qtconsole->jupyter) (1.9.0)
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32>jupyter notebook
> 'jupyter' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

When you install some software, it is a good idea to read at least a
basic introduction as to how to use it, especially when your naive
efforts fail.

https://jupyter-notebook-beginner-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

PS: Running commands in the system32 directory or anything in C:\Windows
is a bad idea since you might accidentally change something so something
no longer works properly.

--
Terry Jan Reedy