Files can only be modified in IDLE, but not via Powershell

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:11:47 EST 2021

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 4:22 PM Stefan Ritter <Knighticarus at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It would be highly appreciated if you could offer me some advice to
> solve a problem I'm currently facing:
>

> afterwards in the file . However it does not work if run it in
> Powershell (or anything else), there are no changes made in the file.
>
> I do not understand why this is the case. Python version, installation
> paths and user are the same on desktop and laptop. I searched a bit and
> found out that this issue might be caused by my antivirus software
> comodo, but even after I replaced it with antivir, an reinstalled python
> this didn't change anything.
>
> As mentionned, any help is highly appreciated. If you need any
> additional information please let me know!

It's probably either two different paths, or an ignored traceback.

Please cut and paste the output of your script - one paste for the working
output, and one for the nonworking output.

You may want to use os.path.abspath(*path*) on your path, and print it to
the screen.  Then compare that to Resolve-Path pathname in Powershell.

HTH