Files can only be modified in IDLE, but not via Powershell

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 04:33:24 EST 2021

On 08/02/2021 21:33, Stefan Ritter wrote:

> I have a Windows 10 ADM64 desktop and a Windows 10 AMD64 Laptop.

So notionally identical.

> I wrote some code to insert text in a .txt-file. It works perfectly on
> my laptop.
>
> On my desktop it works only if i run it in IDLE, the text appears
> afterwards in the file . However it does not work if run it in
> Powershell (or anything else), there are no changes made in the file.

You only mention powershell in the context of the desktop.

How are you running the code.
Can you show us the command line for both laptop and desktop?
Or describe exactly what you are doing if using a GUI tool.

Showing us the code may help too!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site