Files can only be modified in IDLE, but not via Powershell

Stefan Ritter Knighticarus at gmx.de
Mon Feb 8 16:33:07 EST 2021

Hi,

It would be highly appreciated if you could offer me some advice to
solve a problem I'm currently facing:

I have a Windows 10 ADM64 desktop and a Windows 10 AMD64 Laptop.

I wrote some code to insert text in a .txt-file. It works perfectly on
my laptop.

On my desktop it works only if i run it in IDLE, the text appears
afterwards in the file . However it does not work if run it in
Powershell (or anything else), there are no changes made in the file.

I do not understand why this is the case. Python version, installation
paths and user are the same on desktop and laptop. I searched a bit and
found out that this issue might be caused by my antivirus software
comodo, but even after I replaced it with antivir, an reinstalled python
this didn't change anything.

As mentionned, any help is highly appreciated. If you need any
additional information please let me know!

Best regards,
Stefan