SMS API

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Feb 3 13:50:32 EST 2021

ismail nagi wrote at 2021-2-3 21:06 +0300:
>Yes, its about sending messages. For example, something like
>twilio...it's an SMS API, can something like twilio be created using python
>and how (just a basic idea)? Thank You.

"twilio" provides a web service interface to send messages.
You can use Python libraries to access web services (e.g. "suds") -
and thereby, control the "twilio" service via Python applications.

If your aim is to implement a "twilio" like functionality out of the box,
you need a gateway between your device and the telephone network.
In particular, this gateway must ensure proper payment for the use
of the telephone network; as a consequence, access will be restricted
and subject to quite strict policies (to avoid abuse).
If your telephone network (access point) does not provide an easy
access, then it is likely very difficult to implement access on your own.

If you look for an application on a mobile phone, then the phone's
operating system likely provides a service to send SMS messages.
There are Python components to facilitate the use of Python
on mobile phones (but I have no experience in this domain).
With Python for mobile phones, it may be possible to access
those mobile phone services provided by the phone's operating system.