Fw: Trouble running python 3.6.4

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Feb 3 10:37:19 EST 2021

On 2/2/21 8:40 PM, damien jenman wrote:

> ________________________________

That's re-running the installer, don't do that (unless you actually need
to Modify/Repair/Install).

> All i wish to do is go to the Command Prompt and start programming.

 From a shell window (if on Windows that means cmd or PowerShell), type
"py" or "python".  The latter requires the path to have been amended,
which is something the installer can do.

Or, from the start menu, select the Python folder and click the entry
for the program, which in your case should be labeled "Python 3.6
(64-bit)"  (or 32-bit if you installed the 32-bit version, of course).
This is less good, because it will have you starting in Python's
installation directory, which is probably not where you want to be working.

See https://docs.python.org/3/using/ and if pick the entry for the
correct operating system.