Best practice for handling exceptions raised at lower levels?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:24:32 EST 2021

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 12:00 PM Barry Scott <barry at barrys-emacs.org> wrote:

> When I write packages I aim to trap the exceptions from the lower levels
> and convert into a package specific exceptions or document that a low
> level exception can propagate.

But how do you know what exceptions could be raised?

I love Python in a big way, but this is one thing Java has on Python -
knowing what exceptions are relevant.

Python's approach is great as long as an uncaught exception should cause
termination of the program - and most of my programs fit into this
category.  But not all of them.