How to package a Python command line app?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Dec 9 12:18:26 EST 2021

Manfred Lotz wrote at 2021-12-8 12:31 +0100:
>The are many possibilities to package a Python app, and I have to admit
>I am pretty confused.
>
>Here is what I have:
>
>A Python command line app which requires some packages which are not in
>the standard library.

Are they on PyPI or can they be downloaded to PyPI?
In this case, you could install it via `pip` and
a "requirements" file (describing what is necessary).

You could also build an archive (e.g. `tar`, `zip`)
and create small installer script which unpacks and installs as necessary.
You could put the archive at the end of the script (such
that you have a single file which gets executed to do everything).