Odd locale error that has disappeared on reboot.

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Dec 9 05:38:58 EST 2021

Julio Di Egidio <julio at diegidio.name> wrote:
> On 08/12/2021 10:50, Chris Green wrote:
> > Julio Di Egidio <julio at diegidio.name> wrote:
> >>
> >> Since it's a one-off, doesn't sound like a system problem.  The easiest
> >> might be that you try-catch that call and retry when needed, and I'd
> >> also check that 'ftxt' is what it should be: "external devices" may
> >> fail, including when they do produce output...
> >>
> > Well it repeated every ten minutes through the night until I rebooted
> > the system, so it wasn't really a "one off".  I hasn't repeated since
> > though.
>
> Still your code wouldn't pass review: you do need some exception
> handling there, that it's not failing right now is no excuse.  Moreover,
> next time it fails, you won't be any wiser since you keep not handling
> it...  Unless this is all just for fun, in which case of course never mind.

It is basically 'just for fun' we wanted to see how warm/cold the
cats' home above our garage was now that winter has arrived.

However catching and re-trying isn't going to help at all.  It happily
produced the same arror every 10 minutes throughout the night until I
rebooted the system.  I suppose I *could* reboot after (say) three
failures but it seems a bit drastic! :-)

--
Chris Green
·