Create a real-time interactive TUI using Python.

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 31 12:57:59 EDT 2021

On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 06:12:42 -0700 (PDT), "hongy... at gmail.com"
<hongyi.zhao at gmail.com> declaimed the following:

>I want to know whether python can be used to create real-time interactive TUI, as hstr [1] does.

	Most of these utilities appear to rely upon embedding commands into the
OS SHELL prompt. You could embed pretty much anything to be run as part of
the prompt display.
https://github.com/dvorka/hstr/blob/master/CONFIGURATION.md#bash-history-settings

	Since source for HSTR is available, nothing prevents you from recoding
everything in Python -- though I'm fairly certain Python may be a bit
slower unless you can take advantage of compiled C libraries (regex,
perhaps). Based upon the animated GIF, you'll have to master the curses
library from Python.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/