The sqlite3 timestamp conversion between unixepoch and localtime can't be done according to the timezone setting on the machine automatically.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 18:31:10 EDT 2021

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 8:22 AM MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:

> [snip]
> In the EU, DST in the member states changes at the same time. It's not
> like the US where it ripples across the timezones, so the differences
> vary during the change. It all happens in one go.

Ah, good to know. I think that actually makes a lot of sense; in the
US, they try to let everyone pretend that the rest of the world
doesn't exist ("we always change at 2AM"), but in Europe, they try to
synchronize for the convenience of commerce ("everyone changes at 1AM
UTC").

A quick browse of Wikipedia suggests that some European countries
(outside of the EU, which mandates DST transitions) have constant
year-round UTC offsets. In theory, there could be a non-EU country
that observes DST with different dates, but I can't find any examples.
Here's hoping, hehe.

ChrisA