The sqlite3 timestamp conversion between unixepoch and localtime can't be done according to the timezone setting on the machine automatically.

2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Tue Aug 31 17:16:13 EDT 2021

On 2021-09-01 at 08:36:55 +1200,
dn via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:

> ... there is less consideration about working-out what time it is in
> Pune cf Kolkata, than between (say) San Francisco and Denver -
> although they are in the same country, are they in the same time-zone,
> or not?  (they aren't!)

What about Phoenix?  In the winter, it's the same time there as it is in
San Francisco, but in the summer, it's the same time there as it is in
Denver (Phoenix doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time).

And then there's Indiana, a medium size state that tends to get ignored
(they used to advertise "there's more than just corn in Indiana").  Most
of Indiana is in US/Eastern, but the cities that are (for practical
purposes) suburbs of Chicago are in US/Central (aka America/Chicago).

ChrisA is right; you can't make this [stuff] up.

Having lived in the United States my entire life (and being a nerd), I
can confirm that (1) I'm used to it and handle it as well as possible,
but (2) many people are not and don't.