on the popularity of loops while and for

Hope Rouselle hrouselle at jevedi.com
Sat Aug 28 09:31:55 EDT 2021

I'd like get a statistic of how often each loop is used in practice.

I was trying to take a look at the Python's standard libraries --- those
included in a standard installation of Python 3.9.6, say --- to see
which loops are more often used among while and for loops.  Of course,
since English use the preposition ``for'' a lot, that makes my life
harder.  Removing comments is easy, but removing strings is harder.  So
I don't know yet what I'll do.

Have you guys ever measured something like that in a casual or serious
way?  I'd love to know.  Thank you!