PyQt5 is not recognized from python 3.8 installation in python 3.10

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 15:28:00 EDT 2021

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 4:31 AM Mohsen Owzar <mohsen.owzar at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I get all the packages available in 3.8 version also available for 3.10 version without any new installation in 3.10 for each all already existing packages?

You can't. With compiled binaries, especially, it's important to
install into each version separately - there can be minor differences
which will be taken care of by the installer. Normally, that's not a
problem, other than that you have to install each one again; the best
way would be to keep track of your package dependencies in a file
called requirements.txt, and then you can simply install from that
(python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt) into the new version.

As to PyQt5 specifically, though.... I don't know what the issue here
is, but I tried it on my system and it successfully installed version
5.15.4. Are you using the latest version of pip? There might be some
other requirements. Alternatively, I'm seeing a potential red flag
from this line:

> C:\Qt\4.7.4\bin\qmake.exe -query

You're trying to install Qt5, but maybe it's coming across a Qt4
installation? Not sure if that's significant or not.

ChrisA