tkinter

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 16:21:18 EDT 2021

On 21/08/2021 19:37, Tony Genter wrote:
>    Tkinter stopped working overnight from 8/20/2021 to 8/21/2021.  Last night
>    I was working on tutorials to work on a GUI and this morning every file
>    that uses tkinter is broken stating that no module `tkinter' exists.

Are you sure you were running Python v3 and not python v2?
In v2 tkinter is spelled Tkinter.

If that is the issue then reinstalling python v3.x and ensuring
that it is the executable used should resolve the issue.

Another option might be that you are using virtual environments
which could result in all manner of chaos and confusion if you
inadvertently start the wrong one...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site