what to do with multiple BOMs

Richard Damon Richard at damon-family.org
Thu Aug 19 14:55:49 EDT 2021

By the rules of Unicode, that character, if not the very first character of the file, should be treated as a “zero-width non-breaking space”, it is NOT a BOM character there.

It’s presence in the files is almost certainly an error, and being caused by broken software or software processing files in a manner that it wasn’t designed for.