Can't get rid of old version of python

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 13 16:31:03 EDT 2021

On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 18:32:51 +0000, Ciarán Ó Duibhín via Python-list
<python-list at python.org> declaimed the following:

>Also there is a load of python 3.8 stuff at C:\Program
>Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_3.8.2800.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0
>which directory is virtually inaccessible from Windows but can be listed
>in DOS.
>
>How can I get rid of Python 3.8.10 , and install my packages to 3.9.6?

	You probably can't... The keyword being "WindowApps".

	That version likely was installed using the Win10 "app store" (aka:
"microsoft store"). You can open that, click the ... and pick "my library",
pick "installed" and likely find a Python entry. But the appstore does not
allow one to delete downloaded apps! It MIGHT be removable if you locate a
"Python" icon on the start-menu and right click "uninstall" -- but make
sure it is not YOUR Python...

	The simplest method would be to ensure YOUR Python is at the top of the
PATH environment variable so it is found first when searching for
applications.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/