on slices, negative indices, which are the equivalent procedures?

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 12 11:13:58 EDT 2021

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 13:17:32 +1200, dn via Python-list
<python-list at python.org> declaimed the following:

>I've been trying to remember if we had negative-steps in FORTRAN
>do-loops especially once the capability to define subscripting-ranges
>came 'in' (but can't be bothered researching further). If it was
>available, or available within other, older languages, then might this
>explain Python's adoption?

	As part of the DO loop, FORTRAN did allow decrementing -- but one also
had then to put the start-end in correct order...

	DO 10 I = 32, 0, -1

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/