CODING PAGE ACCESS

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 7 15:24:50 EDT 2021

On 8/6/2021 11:34 PM, MICHAEL J W SMITH via Python-list wrote:
> I downloaded python. I selected it from the start menu. I clicked on:-
> Python 3-9New

'New' goes away after the first access

> I got:-
> IDLE (Python 3.9 64-bit)

This is the included editor and enhanced interactive shell for writing
and testing Python code.  Doc is available on the Help menu and at
https://docs.python.org/3/library/idle.html

> Python 3.9 (64-bit)

This is the standard interactive shell.

> Python 3.9 Manuals (64-bit)

The online manuals

> Python 3.9 Module Docs (64-bit)

The 'help' version of module docs generated from the installed modules.

--
Terry Jan Reedy