do ya still use python?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Apr 20 19:16:53 EDT 2021

On 4/20/2021 5:44 PM, dn via Python-list wrote:

> Are there reasons why someone might prefer StackOverflow to this list?

For programming questions with testable answers, generally yes.  But I
sometimes advise SO questioners to redirect questions here when more
appropriate.

Advantages include that questions and answers can be searched within a
tag, can be commented separately,  and can be edited.  The latter is
important.  Web forums that imitate mail lists with indelible sequential
postings are not much better.

> Are they more to do with the person, or something the Python Community
> should address?

Not the first, nor the second officially.  But many Python Community
members already answer python-tagged questions.  I specifically monitor
python-idle questions.  The PSF could set up a imitation site, or
perhaps sponsor 'Python Pitstop' on stackexchange, but why bother?

--
Terry Jan Reedy