port to PDOS (especially mainframe)

Paul Edwards mutazilah at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 04:56:46 EDT 2021

On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 7:52:07 AM UTC+10, jak wrote:

> one thing is not clear to me, do you absolutely need to use "asma"?
>
> http://www.z390.org/

I forgot to mention that it also requires Java. So instead
of porting Python to the S/3X0 I would need to port
Java.

Note that Java (and Python for that matter) are available
for later versions of z/OS, but as far as I am aware, they
are not available for the free MVS that hobbyists use, ie
MVS 3.8J, and it's definitely not available for the
environment I'm actually interested in, which is PDOS/3X0.

BFN. Paul.