setting user input equal to target language in Google Translator

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Fri Apr 16 14:22:35 EDT 2021

On 16/04/2021 19:11, Quentin Bock wrote:
> is it possible to set the target language of a translation to be the input
> from a user?
> I have tried inputting specific abbreviations that would normally be
> accepted as the target language but it remains in Icelandic and I would
> like to change the target language based on the user's input without
> creating hundred of scenarios for each inputted language or country.
> Thanks

Hi, Quentin!

When you ask a question it is best to give the code you have. For
beginner problems you may even get a hint from people who haven't used
the library in question. That said, I have just installed googletrans,
and changing the destination language appears to be as easy as

 >>> import googletrans as gt
 >>> t = gt.Translator()
 >>> for language in ["de", "fr", "es"]:
...     print(t.translate("Hello, world!", dest=language).text)
Hallo Welt!
Bonjour le monde!
¡Hola Mundo!

Does that help?