Async telnet, which package and how?

Zoran zljubisic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:51:57 EDT 2021

Hi,

I have to asynchronously connect to many home routers with telnet protocol in order to get some values.

Upon getting input data (ip, username, password), I should connect to the router, execute commands, get their results, postprocess results and finally return certain values.
Everything should work in asyncio loop.

I searched a bit and I found that people usually use telnetlib3 for such task, but I can't find out examples that shows how to use telnetlib3.TelnetClient for my use case.

If someone here has some experiences or has some demo code, please share.

Regards.