FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ''

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 13:55:36 EDT 2021

Open a cmd.exe, command.exe or powershell, and:

cd c:\my\dir\ect\ory
Then run your script.

Or put an os.chdir(r'c:\my\dir\ect\ory') at the top of your script.

Or use file = open(r'c:\my\dir\ect\ory\Egils Saga 1-15.txt', 'r')

BTW, "file" means something to python other than just a variable name.  You
can replace it, as your code below (and my example above) does, but it
obscures the thing you're replacing.  That's why I like to use file_
instead of file.